Happy New Year. Funny enough, I passed it pretty much sober as I was DJ’ing a New Year’s Eve Party at the Andaz Hotel in LA and did NOT want to be anything but fresh and clean for my 3AM drive home. I know I joke about the rights vs. privileges of drinking (and am known to have had a drink myself), but am serious about looking at the other side of the coin. I have known people and have had friends who over-imbibe and some with real problems, and some who have beaten them. But today I’m just going to post a link (I don’t think I am allowed to embed it) of an op-ed by Dick Cavett about this subject, which expressed this concern more gently, gently humorously and pointedly than I can. So, go read this, and we’ll see you back here after Sundance.
- Mayra Langdon Riesman: A Remembrance
- Top Tens! A Look Back at 2017 in Music
- Hoppy Hallidays to You! Music of the Season
- Jesse Malin and Alejandro Escovedo at the Federal Underground, Long Beach February 22.
- Tiki No? Yes! Locals Appreciation Night December 21 with Open Bar 9-10PM!
- Mimosa Music Series—Angela McCluskey and Chris Stills at The Federal Bar North Hollywood, November 29, 2016
- Knitting Factory News Volume Two, Issue IV: Happy New Year!
- What are you doing New Year’s Eve?
- Knitting Factory News Volume 1 Issue XX
- Spring into Fall: Knitting Factory News Vol. 1 Issue XVI